Given the worsening situation of the proliferation of the Coronavirus in Moscow, and taking into account statements and decrees by Russian secular and church authorities which I have received in the last two weeks; and realizing the pastoral responsibility for the people of God entrusted to me by the Bishop of the Church of St. Louis des Francais, I hereby order, from March 21 to April 09, 2020, that
1. Daily mass will be performed without the attendance of parishioners.
2. Preparation for the Sacraments of Marriage, Baptism and Confirmation will be postponed. If possible, priest are asked to prepare for these Sacraments remotely (through video conferencing).
3. The Sacraments of Marriage and Baptism shall be performed only in exceptional cases, and with the participation of only parents and two witnesses, and only after my written permission.
4. Funerals (the rite of burial) will only take place in morgues, crematoria and cemeteries.
5. visits to the Church by organized tourist groups are prohibited.
6. On Sundays, March 22, March 29 and April 5 instead of the public Holy Mass, hourly from 08.00 – 20.00 believers may gather for a short rite in small groups (fewer than 50) to include the ‘Lord’s Prayer’ and the words “Behold the Lamb of God. Lord, I am not worthy.”
Fr. Viacheslav Gorokhov